Monday, June 02, 2003

M. and I went to see what would have been a Tin Hat Trio show at the Freight and Salvage coffee house this saturday. It wasn't a Tin Hat Trio show because the guitarist's wife, Lauren Orton, was killed in a river rafting accident in April. The show ended up being a memorial to her, organized and MCed by fellow band member Carla Kihlstedt. The music, by Carla and a host of others, was wonderful and the tributes were touching. I didn't know Lauren, but her death has reached out and touched me anyway. I can't even begin to imagine being in her husband's place, and my heart goes out to him.

On the home front, I went and got a lot of film developed on friday, including a couple of disposable cameras that the kids had used up. When I got the photos back there on one of the disposable camera rolls, amongst random photos of our hall and other parts of the house, was a picture of Nathan grinning like a loon and wearing no pants. I wonder if I'm on some sort of list now. I think from now on I'll be a little more wary of used up disposable cameras I find around the house.

cds I listened to while wishing it was cooler: Voivod "Phobos" and "Nanoman", Skyclad "Thinking Allowed" and "Jonah's Ark", Mychael Danna "Music for the films of Atom Egoyan - The Adjuster - Speaking Parts - Family Viewing", Roy Harper "Commercial Breaks", and Myshkin "Why do all the Country Girls Leave?"

No comments: