Wednesday, June 25, 2003

I watched the kids all day so Jen could be at the hospital. Nathan was a handful, and so was The Dickens. Lexy mostly just gloated about how much better he was behaving than the other two. The Dickens now knows how to turn door handles (and also how to pull a chair up to the kitchen counter so she can yank all the knobs off of the stove). On one of her handle turning expeditions into the bathroom, she decided she wanted to brush her teeth. While she was so engaged, Lexy came in to pee. The Dickens, seeing this, flung the toothbrush into the toilet. It turned out that this was Lexy's favorite toothbrush. In his agitated state, Lexy flushed the toilet and the toothbrush swirled out of sight. Later, it came back up. Nobody is going to use it to brush their teeth.

At the hospital last week, during a quiet moment, I thought I heard a frog. Last night I dreamed that Jen and I were visiting a frog in the N.I.C.U. It was a small, green treefrog with an orange belly. I wondered what he was doing in the N.I.C.U. since he obviously wasn't an infant. He also seemed pretty healthy.
I also dreamed that Jen and I had another wedding. It was outside again, but we weren't dressed up.

A few nights ago I dreamed that some trashy newspaper had printed a propaganda article about how evil the Iraqis are. It stated that they flayed their enemies but kept them alive by placing them in clear plastic suits. I could see pictures of skinless people with lidless eyes and lipless mouths walking around in agony as their tormentors laughed. I somehow knew that it was all made up by the U.S. government to make their war preparations look more necessary, but I still wondered where they had gotten the pictures. Were they airbrushed, or doctored in some other way?

cds I listened to while relaxing at work: Forrest Fang "The Blind Messenger", Lustmord "The Monstrous Soul", Madredeus "Ainda", Stikky "Spamthology Volume 1", and Magma "Retrospektiw I - II"

now: Unblocked disc 1 - Eastern Voices, Northern Shores

No comments: