Friday, April 30, 2004

Tomorrow I get to take care of the three older kids while Jen takes Willow and goes with her mom to get her hair cut. I'm glad that she'll get a little time away from the relative chaos that permeates our day to day existence here. She has more than earned it.
I can't remember the last time I got a haircut, which is annoying because people always seem to be asking me about it. I think it was while I was in college. I still remember quite clearly preparing to go into the bathroom on campus one day, only to hear a professor across the hall tell me, "that's the men's bathroom." I turned around and he gave a little jump when he saw that I was indeed a man.
My hair has been long ever since I could get away with having it long. I don't think about it much. It's more of a habit than anything else. People always ask me why it's long, to which I reply, "think of the money I've saved on haircuts." Of course, I've probably wasted an equal or greater amount of money on shampoo and conditioner. I never mention that. The real reason it's long is because, at an impressionable young age, I decided that long hair looked cool. Pretty boring reason. Now, I just can't picture myself with short hair, so it stays long. It's easier to ignore it than to figure out something new to do with it.
I'm excited to see what kind of haircut Jen will come home with tomorrow. Now I'm going to bed so I can be well rested. Otherwise I won't be able to keep up with The Dickens.

cds I listened to through my hair: Vig Mihaly "Filmzenek - Tarr Bela filmjeihez", Diamanda Galas "La Serpenta Canta", Rosebud "Thundermug Honeypot", Finntroll "Visor Om Slutet", and Bee and Flower "What's Mine is Yours"

No comments: