Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Today was hotter, but the night was colder. Rumors have started up again that my night job isn't long for the world. This time it was the boss who voiced this - something he heard on the phone. He says that our jobs most likely won't last through the summer. This time I have the feeling that there's some substance to the rumor. It's kind of exciting, really. I'm going to be working at Youth Science Institute during the summer, which will forestall any immediate need for alternate employment. I'm also looking at a job in Santa Cruz that has a start date in September. I need to get off my butt and collect some reference letters so I can apply for it. I've still got several weeks until the closing date, but as usual there are multiple things competing for my attention. Multiple people too, come to think of it. It's always hard to get anything done around here with a house full of kids who need juice.

cds I listened to while realizing that not many jobs can be done while listening to cds: Cordelia's Dad "Spine", Sainkho Namtchylak "Who Stole the Sky?", Nurse With Wound/Aranos "Acts of Senseless Beauty", Wakeford - Stapleton "Revenge of the Selfish Shellfish", and Tenhi "Kauan" and "Airut:ciwi"

No comments: