Thursday, April 29, 2004

it's quiet, except for some crickets singing in the scorpion cage. The scorpions appear to be sleeping, so the songs go on. One cage over, the millipede is silently crawling around. Oh, and now I can hear Willow in the next room. Never mind, it's not quiet.

A small amount of time passes...

Nate's awake too, because The Dickens kicked him in the face in her sleep. She's a twenty-four hour troublemaker, that girl. Everybody is settled back in, but it's only a matter of time before somebody else wakes up. The crickets, oblivious, sing on.

I think that the reason time goes by so quickly is because we compartmentalize it into years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds. As I type this, countless second hands are sweeping around the faces of countless clocks, chewing up the present and spitting it into the past. It never stops. This is why all of a sudden it's thursday. This is why I've only done a fraction of the things I planned to accomplish this week. Oh well, at least I'm not scorpion food.

cds I listened to while trying to ignore the clock but noticing that everything I listened to tonight is from Israel: Meira Asher "Dissected" and "Spears Into Hooks", Meira Asher & Guy Harries "Infantry", and Orphaned Land "Mabool"

No comments: