Wednesday, March 31, 2004

The Dickens continues to be enamored with the cockroaches. Now she has started including a baby doll in the proceedings, directing me to put cockroaches on its head and feet, or whatever body part strikes her at the moment as being a good place to harbor a cockroach. Pretty soon we're going to be having little tea parties with them, dressing them up in little victorian outfits. This all goes a long way towards supporting my theory that human reactions towards creatures such as cockroaches is learned behavior.

Oh, if only we could get organized around here. If only there were extra hours in the day. If only sleep weren't a necessity. If only I could just lay around and watch Willow play. She's really having a good time inspecting every little thing in reach, and her reach has broadened considerably now that she's crawling. She plays little games too. One game she was playing yesterday included my nose. She kept slowly leaning forward and pretending to bite my nose. This resulted in me having to repeatedly wipe drool from my nose, but I didn't care. The big grin on her face is worth any amount of drool.

cds I listened to while contemplating cockroaches: Lhasa "The Living Road", The Gathering "Sleepy Buildings", Agnes Buen Garnas "Draumkvedet", and Paul Chain "Mirror"

No comments: