Monday, March 08, 2004

The newts are back in the pond at Hidden Villa. You know it's getting close to Spring when the newts return. Of course there are other signs of Spring as well. The air is thick with the scent of blooming flowers, and today was actually quite warm.

I have new brakes and tires. The people at the garage were touched that I cared enough to warn them to be careful not to cut their hands on exposed steel tread on my tires. This is when I found out that they did indeed also sell tires. This saved me a trip.

I went up to Berkeley with M. to see a theatrical version of Anton Chekhov's "The Duel". As usual, it being a Central Works play, G. did the sound for it. The actors also sang a bit during the course of the play. Quite nicely too. They also fired loud guns at each other, the sound being subtly bolstered by G., hiding in his corner. A fine evening out. Of course, beforehand we got sucked into Amoeba, which has a greater suction that other record stores. Fortunately I had stuff to sell, so I ended up trading things in rather than plopping down lots of money. I'm still being quite good at not spending money on cds.

cds I listened to while smelling flowers: Winfred E. Eye "A Bottle, A Dog, Some Milk, A Bottle", Neurosis & Jarboe "s/t", and Townes Van Zandt "Texas Troubadour" discs 1 & 2

No comments: