Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Okay, from now on I'm not going to complain, even in jest, about delays in getting home. Last night's minor delays were nothing compared to having to wait two and a half hours before even starting work. We sat around and grumbled, shooting rubber bands at each other and joking that somebody must have fallen into the printing press. The usual butt of these jokes is this incomprehensible, muttering drug casualty who works at the printing plant. It's not too hard a stretch to come up with all sorts of ways that he could bungle his job and make the newspapers late.

I figured out what to do with the tip money I received on Saturday. I went and got a Tetanus shot! What fun! I'm still experiencing the bliss of sore muscles. This all came about because of that little bite I got at the party, and various friends and family inquiring as to whether or not I was up to date on my shots. I was pretty sure I'd gotten one five years ago when I'd inadvertently cut a chunk out of one of my fingers at the museum while prepping supplies, but a quick snoop through the employee records showed that I was mistaken. There was just a bill for the emergency room visit and the stitches. No shot mentioned. Well, problem solved now. That means I can get punctured and mauled all I want without getting Tetanus. If there's anybody reading this who hasn't had a Tetanus shot in the last ten years, surf around on the web and check out pictures of people with Tetanus. Yucky. Actually, looking up diseases on the web is a good way to scare the hell out of yourself. I think that's the point - it makes people want to take precautionary measures.

cds I listened to while feeling sore: Paul Chain "King of the Dream/Ash/Picture Disc" and "Life and Death", Paul Chain Violet Theatre "In the Darkness" and "Detaching From Satan", CMX "Aion", and Current 93 "Of Ruine or Some Blazing Starre" and "Lucifer Over London"

No comments: