Friday, March 26, 2004

It rained today, which made most people grumble, but not me. I'm glad that winter hasn't completely given up.

We have yet another evening ritual now. Just about every night this week, The Dickens has asked me to bring down the cockroach cage so that she can hold the cockroaches. She asks questions like, "Is dat da mommy?", and, "what he eat?", as she holds them. She's never content with holding just one, so I have to get lots of different cockroaches out. Willow even crawled over to see what the fuss was about, and seemed determined to feed the cockroaches her cracker. After awhile, I managed to put the cage back up. The Dickens looked at me and said, "I see the spider", so down came the tarantula cage. She doesn't ever want to hold the tarantula, just gingerly touch it. This is just as well, because it's a fast tarantula, and could very easily get away from The Dickens if it felt so inclined.

Later, not to be outdone by the Monitor lizard, The Dickens bit me on the leg for no reason. Well, maybe she did have a reason, but not one that I was privy to. She didn't break the skin because she bit me through my pants, but I now have a bruise on my leg. Walking wounded, that's me.

cds I listened to while wondering who or what will bite me next: Ghost "Hypnotic Underworld", Sainkho Namtchylak "Aura", and Circle "Zoplalki"

No comments: