Thursday, October 30, 2003

The wind made an appearance tonight, gathering up masses of brown leaves and whipping them across parking lots. The temperature has dropped as well. It was cold in the shade this afternoon, as I found out while I was drawing in the garden at the museum. Maybe fall has finally fallen.

I didn't get to spend much time at home today (technically yesterday, but since I'm still awake, it's today) because I had to attend a training meeting at work. None of the activities that we were being trained how to do were new to me. I really do think it's time to change my job description in some way, but am not sure how. I was looking over an application for a job with the water company, and reading the supplemental questionaire attached to it, and realizing that I don't have any of the types of experience they seem to want. It's so hard to move sideways into a different kind of job. Not that I necessarily want a different kind of job. I just want the types of jobs I like doing to pay me well enough to live on. hmmm... what to do, what to do? Of course, my tendency to be very passive about searching for jobs works against me.
I just know that on days like today I don't get to spend enough time with Jen and the kids. It seems like I'm always working, but in reality I only work about 35 hours a week. It's just in 4 hour chunks here and there, so it seems like I'm always going to work.

Yesterday, I saw a guy driving north in the southbound lanes on the expressway. Tonight, a guy in an SUV cut me off, and afterwards I just happened to turn into the same parking lot as he did. I think he thought I was going to beat him up or something, because he was quite contrite when I made eye contact with him.

Driving is just a barrel of laughs.

cds I listened to while laughing: The Bevis Frond "Triptych", Scorched Earth "Fed to Your Head", Vasen "Trio", and Bastards "Monticello"

No comments: