Friday, October 10, 2003

I just came home, and surprised a pair of raccoons in the yard. One of them walked along the fence a ways and balanced there, staring at me, as if deciding whether or not to jump down. I could hear the other one breathing in the tree near the fence, and see its tail hanging down. After a moment or two, they both scrambled down into the neighbors' yard. I heard them again as I started typing this. They're pretty noisy.
It's nice to see wildlife, even though we city folks are usually limited to raccoons, opossums, skunks, rats, squirrels, and pigeons - maybe a few more if you take a closer look.

Speaking of wildlife, I have to get up early to lead a tour at Hidden Villa, so I'll end here.

cds I listened to while surprising the wildlife (all various artists): "This Note's For You Too!" (disc 2), "Mesomorph Enduros", "Noise and Junk Omnibus" (RRR compilation, with an apt title), and "The Holy Bible vol. 2-3" (The sequels, where Jesus becomes a ninja and fights the mafia and... okay, actually a Holy Records compilation, with nothing even remotely holy contained within)

No comments: