Friday, October 17, 2003

I'm having another one of those moments where I can't think of anything to write about, but here I sit anyway. I've always been a creature of habit, at least with the little things - my keys always go into the right front pocket of my jeans, my shoes are always by the closet door when they're not on my feet, I blog when I get home from work... This veneer of order amongst the daily chaos frees up my mind to dwell on more important things, such as why opossums never look both ways before crossing the street. I still haven't come up with an answer for that one.

Oh, and I completed my nearly 22 month task of listening to all of my cds, although this doesn't count the few that people have borrowed and not returned, and that one damn cd in "special packaging" that won't open. People should know that rock salt and metal don't work well together. Have you ever seen a car owned by somebody who lives near the ocean? Usually pretty rusty. The same thing happens to metal cd packaging if you put rock salt inside. The only difference is that it rusts shut. I guess I could listen to it if I used a can opener.

cds I listened to with a sense of accomplishment: The McCarthy Sisters at Cold Cuts, Berkeley, 7/26/03, V/A "Progfest '94", Venom "The Second Coming", V/A "The Tyranny of the Beat", and V/A "SFEMF 2003 - East Meets Left"

No comments: