Wednesday, October 15, 2003

My job(s) keep me removed from what is commonly known as the "rat race", and I am thankful for this. I did, however, see two rats today, one at each of my jobs. The first rat was running up and down the stairs by the river while our BioSITE groups were nearby writing in their journals. It proved to be very distracting. I guess it couldn't have been a true rat race though, because you need at least two rats for it to qualify as a race. I also caught a crayfish while all of this was happening, and it indicated its displeasure by clamping down on my thumb with both of its pinchers. It actually broke the skin in a couple of places. Strong crayfish.
I saw the second rat while delivering papers at a trailer park. With his tail held high, he ran towards a car port.
Oh, I guess I actually saw three rats. The third one is thawing on top of the python cage. None of the reptiles will eat them frozen.

cds I listened to while not racing: V/A "Pixies Fuckin' Die! (Pixies tribute), V/A "Vile Vibes", Faun Fables at the Starry Plough, 5/8/03, and V/A "Doomsday News III"

No comments: