Tuesday, October 07, 2003

I saw a different toad tonight, a couple of blocks away from where I keep seeing the other one. This toad was also in the road. I leaned out my window and said, "get out of the road, toad." As I drove away, I could see him hopping towards the curb.

I've also been seeing those obnoxious Arnold Schwarzengroper (oops, I mean Schwarzenegger) for governor signs hanging from freeway overpasses. These where well balanced out by a small sign, hanging from a pedestrian walkway, that claimed, "Arnold loves Hitler". I'm not sure if he loves Hitler or not, but it doesn't matter. There are enough other reasons not to vote for him.

I'm with the woman I saw standing by herself on a streetcorner, holding a "vote no on the recall" sign. What a farce. What a waste of money. It's bad enough that the republicans steal elections (hello little George) without them trying to rip the carpet out from under people in mid-term.

cds I listened to while wondering why there are so many assholes in high places (the better to shit on us, I guess...): Giorgio Gaslini "Le Cinque Giornate/La Porta Sul Buio" soundtrack, V/A "The Lamp of the Invisible Light", V/A "Im Blutfeuer", and V/A "Succour - the Terrascope Benefit Album"

No comments: