Wednesday, October 22, 2003

It may have finally happened. After playing all of my cds, the cd player in my car seems to have died on me. When I was minutes from home tonight, it spit out my cd and couldn't be convinced to play any more. I'll let it rest over night and see if it feels like playing in the morning. I guess I could go get a new one, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for this one because Jen got it as a gift for me a couple of years ago. Shortly afterwards, somebody tried to steal it and failed. They managed to rip the face plate off, but must have been interrupted or just too plain stupid to figure out what to do next. I held the face plate on with tape until M. rigged up a little latch for it. Ever since that day, somewhere in the mechanism there is a loose connection that causes it to squeal intermittently. I discovered that in order to stop the squealing, I have to push on a certain spot underneath. This usually works anyway. Sometimes it turns itself off. The little readout says "goodbye". If I push on the spot underneath, it says, "hello", and turns back on.
We'll see if it works in the morning.

Oh, and I found the key to that damn apartment complex. It was behind my seat.

cds I listened to on a mortally wounded cd player: Cheer-Accident "Salad Days!!", Thymme Jones "Career Move", Noe Venable "The World is Bound by Secret Knots", COH "Love Uncut", The Potomac Accord "Silver Line on a Black Sea", and Damon & Naomi w/ Kurihara "Song to the Siren"

No comments: