Wednesday, October 29, 2003

The pumpkin patch has a jump house and a bunch of toy vehicles for kids to push each other around in. The Dickens hopped into what appeared to be one of those old electric cars. I flipped the switches to see if it was still electric in any way. It wasn't. I used the emergency power - I pushed it around the pumpkin patch, much to the delight of The Dickens. Jen was pushing the boys around in one of the other non-electric cars. The Dickens tired of this after awhile, and made me get in so she could push me. Imagine a two year old in a bat costume pushing a grown man around in a small plastic car. I'm surprised that she managed to push it at all.
Then she found the jump house and had a gleeful time bouncing around. Nate joined in for awhile. When it was time to go, we had to promise her a ride in one of the patch's rusty red wagons to get her to emerge from the jump house. Everything was going well until she realized that the wagon was being pulled towards the van.

If somebody could find a way to harness the power of her tantrums, the energy crisis would be solved for good.

cds I listened to while pondering renewable energy sources: Six Organs of Admittance "Dark Noontide" and "You Can Always See the Sun", Circle "Raunio", Hazy Loper "Yonder, Go!", Volcano the Bear "Volnono", and Corner Tour "The Come On Over"

No comments: