Thursday, April 10, 2003

While waiting for newspapers to arrive, we cleaned out the loft above the makeshift office at the drop site. I've never seen so much dust. We managed to toss down a bunch of old boxes that somebody evidently used to move kitchen items in at one point. Then came the table legs. Then some large tables. Then a trash can lid and a box or two of what looked like computer parts. Then something that looked like it had once been a heater of some sort. Now all that is left are all of the rubber bands we've shot up there over the last couple of years. Oh yes, and more dust.
Since the new space is smaller, things are being given away. I figured that since we don't have enough crap in our garage already, I'd take a few things home. The dry-erase bulletin board may come in handy if I can actually get it clean. The official Dow Jones computer keyboard may end up replacing the one I'm typing on right now at some point in the not too distant future (the "j" key only responds to repeated jabs of the finger...). The cell phone, which I was assured really works, will probably get given to the kids to play with. What else...? I can't remember if I grabbed anything else.

Nate hung out with me before work again tonight. He says he likes "hanging out" and asked to listen to the same record we listened to last night. I think he just needs some individual attention without one of his siblings upstaging him. Of course, that can be said for all of the kids. When I hang out with Nate (and The Dickens, who joined us for a while), then Jen can read Return of the King to Lexy without constant interruptions from the less sophisticated members of our family.

Willow is beautiful. So is Jen. Goodnight.

cds I listened to while driving around with trunk full of junk: Frankie Sparo "Welcome Crummy Mystics", Ordo Equitum Solis "Paraskenia" and "Hecate", Wakeford - Stapleton "Revenge of the Selfish Shellfish", Skepticism "Stormcrowfleet", and Nurse With Wound "Large Ladies With Cake in the Oven"

No comments: