Wednesday, April 02, 2003

The new baby sheep at Hidden Villa must be getting all of the attention, because the sheep who is missing half a horn has all of a sudden become uncharacteristically affectionate. She sidles up to visitors and thrusts her head out imploringly. Of course, the majority of the visitors pay no attention to her. Poor sheep.
It was cold today, and it rained off and on. The lizards all stayed indoors. Garth told me that he spotted a Horned toad over the weekend though. He sat really still and watched it eat ants.
Tonight, a cat who is missing half a tail came up to me and demanded that I pat him. How could I refuse? But what is it about animals with bits of themselves missing that draws them to me? Two in one day.

The Dickens is currently asleep in the middle of the hall.

cds I listened to while wondering where the other half of the tail went: Savina Yannatou "Sings Manos Hadjidakis", David Corter "Didgeridoo Mania", Negativland "U2", Nocturnal Emissions "Tharmuncrape an'goo" and "Stoneface", Saint Vitus "Born Too Late" (and with seventies hair, no less...), and Nurse With Wound "Salt Marie Celeste" (made me feel like I was in an ocean liner on the ocean floor),

No comments: