Friday, April 18, 2003

Spring break combined with rainy weather made for a busy week at the museum. People from all over the country, and even further afield, passed through. One boy showed up just so he could hear me play the tin whistle. I always wondered if practicing it while working was entertaining or irritating people. Now I know that at least one person was being entertained. Maybe I should bring my shenai, or better yet, buy some bagpipes. I bet those would go over really well.
Another visitor told another museum worker that she thought I was an excellent storyteller. I like getting this kind of feedback (doesn't everyone?). The trick is to tell stories that you enjoy telling. Improvising helps too. Being silly helps even more.

We bought crustless bread for the boys, and lo and behold, they left little rinds of bread on their plates. Maybe eating all the way to the edge of a sandwich is taboo.

The Dickens made me wear sunglasses today, and then proceeded to lecture me at length about something or other. I couldn't understand what she was trying to get across to me, but her facial expressions were priceless. She can scowl so well.

When we have a carpool, we literally have a carpool. Still no word on how much it's all going to cost.

cds I listened to while eating crustless bread all the way to the edge: Downriver "Rememory", Tiny "Harbinger", Oxbow "The Balls in the Great Meat Grinder Collection", Tel Basta "Laid up in Lavender", Pain Teens "s/t", and Sweet Savage "s/t" (bootleg with two 7"s and some live stuff that sounds like it was recorded using a tape recorder placed under a mattress at the bottom of a well)

No comments: