Wednesday, April 23, 2003

A long day...

At Hidden Villa two boys fell in the pond, but didn't seem to mind much.
At the museum, I ran into an old friend, with his wife and two young daughters, who used to work at the Youth Science Institute. Does everybody I know have some connection to this organization? We exchanged phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Again. Maybe this time we'll actually contact each other. Maybe.
At home we ran around mopping up after the horde. Willow fussed.
At the paper route, the papers were late so we threw papers at each other. As may be guessed, our aim is pretty good. Later, the guy who likes his paper in the bushes came out and told me that he has a positive outlook. Then he shook my hand twice. I think he's lonely. Then, Talkative Security Guard #2 told me a funny story about an old woman in a Lincoln town car who was driving on the wrong side of the road and quite lost - at three in the morning. Last night Talkative Security Guard #1 told me that the reason all of the driveways were fenced off was because they were expecting protesters. I don't know if they ever showed.

cds I listened to while rushing to get home but being thwarted by loquacious night owls: Tenebre "XIII", Kari "Calling You/Exile", Tenhi "Hallavedet", "Kauan", and "airut:ciwi", Bathory "Nordland II", Popol Vuh "Cobra Verde", Present "Certitudes", and Therion "Beyond Sanctorum"

No comments: