Tuesday, October 01, 2002

There it squats, in the darkness of our garage. It took three people, a pallet jack, and a large truck to get it here. It used to hold tropical fish, and it is lined with decorative rocks. It is made of plexiglass and has it's own metal stand, complete with an arcane assortment of wires and tubes... and a small, plush frog attached to a spring. We're thinking of setting it up in the backyard and putting tortoises in it. Temperate tortoises, of course, as tropical tortoises would get terribly cold, which would make them testy and temperamental.
These are the kind of fringe benefits I get from working at a children's museum. Of course, at the same time, they appear to have cut my hours. That makes two jobs with decreased hours. I really love the extra free time (which allows me to be typing this at 3:50 in the morning), but money is becoming a little more of an issue. I've started cutting down on my one real vice - buying cds. I've obviously got enough of them. It's the adrenaline rush of finding a new cd in the store that always traps me. Before I know it, I've spent a hundred dollars or more. I've decided to visit the cd stores less often. I don't know if I can quit cold turkey or not. That's probably not the wisest way to go about it. Maybe if I just stick to the limited issue cds - the ones that I won't be able to find later... Just social drinking... one more cigarette... I can quit any time... ha ha.

animals spotted tonight: one katydid, two skunks, and fifteen egrets.

cds that I didn't buy recently, but enjoyed nonetheless: Death In June "Cathedral of Tears", Deep Turtle "There's a Vomitsprinkler in my Liverriver" and "Rip-off Dokumento", Demi Semi Quaver - two different self-titled cds, one of which is an anthology collecting previous releases... I'm so confused. I wish I knew Japanese.

Now "hey, I bought it used! I'm saving money!: Joanne Shenandoah/Lawrence Laughing "Orenda"

No comments: