Thursday, October 24, 2002

I must not have gotten the memo. Everybody else was out walking pairs of white dogs. The first guy I saw had a couple of good sized, long-haired dogs. They looked askance at me as I drove past. I thought little of it until about ten minutes later when I saw another man walking another pair of white dogs. This time they were tiny, little more than rat sized. What brought these people out at one in the morning? Was there indeed a memo instructing people to exercise highly visible pairs of canines? I will never know.

Ten minutes after this, a lawn tried to steal one of my shoes. I hopped and slid for a moment, trying in vain not to let my exposed sock come into contact with the muddy grass. In the end, I toppled onto the lawn. When I regained my footing, still awkwardly hopping, I could not see my shoe. It took me a few moments to discover it about ten feet away, looking like it had tried to escape. I grabbed it and shoved it on over my soaked, muddy sock. Yet another private moment spewed out onto the internet for everybody to see. It's not as cool as actually being there though. ha ha.

The house is resisting our efforts to whip it into shape for anticipated guests. I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go to bed.

Animals spotted tonight: one opossum, two skunks, and eleven egrets.

cds I listened to while dealing with the moistness inside my right shoe: Nausea "Extinction - the Second Coming", Einsturzende Neubauten "Tabula Rasa", and "Ende Neu" Birdsaw "Born Messy", and Ani Difranco "Living in Clip"

now: cd of songs we selected for the wedding, thoughtfully assembled by M.

No comments: