Tuesday, October 08, 2002

I haven't bought a cd in weeks. This is akin to a practicing alcoholic saying s/he hasn't had a drink in weeks. I made a decision to cut down on my consumption for a number of reasons. The first one is that I've had my hours cut at both of my jobs, and money is getting a little tighter. The second one is that I'm starting to become overwhelmed by the number of cds I have. The ongoing list at the bottom of each blog illustrates my attempts to listen through my entire collection. I started doing this in january, and I'm not even halfway done yet. I'm also going to be a father sometime next year. I'm already a stepfather, but I'm not totally financially responsible for Lexy, Nathan, or Sophie. I think my priorities are starting to shift in light of my impending fatherhood. I really have invested a lot of energy over the years building my music collection. I wonder what I could have accomplished by now if all of that energy had been invested elsewhere? Let's see if I stay on the wagon or not. This seems like a time to grow. I feel different somehow. More free.

animals spotted tonight: two raccoons and fourteen egrets

cds listened to tonight (note: no new ones): Chu Ishikawa "Tetsuo", Die Cheerleader "Filth by Association" and "Son of Filth", Coil "Windowpane", The Gathering "Downfall - the Early Years", and Dirty Old Man River "The Saddest Movie Screen"

now: Lila Downs "Border"

No comments: