Sunday, June 19, 2005

Jen and the kids got me a toaster and some shorts for Father's Day! Now I can toast things without having to wedge down the lever with the kitchen scissors. Now I can wear different shorts every day! Very good!

I hope nobody got spray on mud for Father's Day. I read an article about this stuff - apparently it's for wanna-be testosterone junkies who desire to appear like they take their SUVs offroading and cross-countrying rather than fess up to the shameful reality they actually inhabit - the one where they drive their large, tough-looking vehicle to their job at the bank or grocery store or wherever.

Nobody would actually buy this stuff, right?

Wrong. Apparently the guy who thought it up is having trouble keeping up with demand. The apocalypse is coming.

Before the apocalypse gets here though, I've got more science camps to teach. Today, I spent a lot of time eating the yummy cupcakes that Jen made (not the horchata ones that she originally intended though - apparently the stuff goes sour if left out overnight. c'est la vie) and rehearsing for the show next Friday. Tomorrow I start teaching a camp called Creek Week, which should be fun because we get to explore creeks. That's always fun.

Okay, The Dickens is yelling at me for some reason, so I have to go now...

No comments: