Thursday, June 30, 2005


Here's another picnic area thief. A little punk bird called a Stellar's Jay.

I went to that job interview today. They have a very nice facility there, with a little zoo out front that houses mostly native animals. The Bobcat lazed away the day in the sun. The Raven flew down to the fence near me and proceeded to methodically tear apart a cardboard box. The Golden Eagle huffed in an antisocial manner and hopped to the far side of its enclosure. The interview itself went well, and the three people conducting it seemed happy with my answers. It was conducted in a little room under assault from a window washer who forcefully sprayed water at the windows from the outside, creating a bit of a distraction. The problem I encountered was that the benefit package wouldn't cover Jen or Willow. They said I could add them on, but at a cost of course. I think the extra expenditures combined with the 45 minute commute (more during rush hour, I'm sure) make this a job that I'm probably not going to pursue. Too bad though, because it's a cool place. Maybe another time, under different circumstances... I'm still going to see if I make it to the second round of interviews though. Just to see...

Still sick. I think I have bronchitis.

No comments: