Tuesday, June 28, 2005



The creek at Alum Rock Park is full of interesting little critters. We found a Dobsonfly larva, Mayfly larva, Predacious diving beetles, Backswimmers, Sculpin (I think), and best of all, a couple of large Giant Water Bugs (aka "Toebiters" - don't wade around here without shoes) with egg cases on their backs.

By our camp table, a grumpy lady and her kids were feeding the Ground squirrels, which really isn't smart because they carry various diseases and feeding them just enboldens them. It's because of people like this that the damn things tried to eat my tablecloth yesterday. A couple of the kids in my group asked her to stop, and she told them to mind their own business, so I went over and asked her to stop. She basically told me the same thing. At that point, I let my kids chase all the squirrels away. Problem solved. Rude, ignorant people begone!

I'm still feeling kind of sick. My chest hurts from coughing, and my nose has been getting really stuffed up at night. Each cold I get leaves the door open for the next one as it goes. Maybe if I actually stayed home from work and rested I'd get better. I can't afford to do that though. There are some drawbacks to being poor.

The weather is still pleasant, but it's supposed to get hotter towards the end of the week. Just in time for my job interview. Yay.

No comments: