Thursday, June 23, 2005



The Dickens doesn't believe me that there are rules against going outside without pants. She is now in her room. Sigh.

I still have a cold, and I'm getting kind of annoyed at the fact that every night at 12:41 I am awaked by an uncontrollable coughing fit, despite repeated ingestion of various cough-reducing medications.

I'm almost done with the second week of summer camp. Tomorrow is the show up in Oakland. I also plan on going to see the new George Romero film this weekend. Yay!

At left is a Red-eared Slider from the sag pond near the hostel. It was a bit snappy, no doubt because we interrupted its lazy basking with our net.

At the top (because they've monkeyed with the system and it seems that now I have less control over where I can put the picture, but then again if I took a little time I could probably figure it out but I'm rambling and you've probably forgotten that this is a parenthetical aside here...) is a crayfish who was also less than happy about being caught. Both animals were later released, even though they are non-native. It's amazing how many of the little plants and critters around here were actually introduced through human activity. Oh well. The kids had fun anyway.





No comments: