Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Willows bend in the wind, thus allowing them to survive storms that shatter more rigid trees. Willow doesn't know about the inherent strength of her given name, but it has served her well anyway. She is now home, along with Jen. We all ate pizza to celebrate, except for Willow, of course, because she is still mighty suspicious of food. This is why she has a hose in her nose that we have to attach to a bag full of vitamin enriched formula several times a day. This doesn't seem to bother her much. I think it would bug the hell out of me. At any rate, she is already gaining weight and showing a renewed interest in putting things in her mouth. This is a good sign. She also has lots of energy. It's as if she got a tune-up while in the hospital. We still have to take her for lots of follow-up appointments, but we'll deal with those as they come.

I went back to work at the museum today as well. During BioSITE, which took place at one of the participating schools, rather than down by the river, due to rain we dissected owl pellets. Our group found one of the biggest rat skulls I have ever seen inside an owl pellet. I also found a pelvis in such good shape that I could attach the ball joints of the leg bones to the sockets and make it walk around and dance. If nothing else, it was a good demonstration about how bones are connected and what kind of movement is possible. I think I have too much fun at my job. Pity it doesn't pay so well.

cds I listened to while being glad that our little girl is home again: Stina Nordenstam "This is Stina Nordenstam", Green Carnation "Light of Day, Day of Darkness", Black Tape For A Blue Girl "The Scavenger Bride", Keuhkot "Vasen Ja Oikea", Empress "s/t", Ain Soph "Rituals", and Pentagram "Anatolia"

No comments: