Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Another weekend spent getting little tasks done around the house. We also managed to acquire a new pet, more by chance than design. It's a rat, which might strike some of you as funny, since most rodents who enter our house end up as snake or lizard food. This rat was actually intended to be just such a meal. I knocked it out and dropped it in the python cage, but the python just kind of looked at it. I then noticed that he was about to shed, which I should have noticed earlier, but didn't because I've been busy with many other things. Shedding snakes, by the way, often won't eat. I took the rat out and the boys started asking if we could keep it as a pet. I finally caved in and got an old cage out of the garage. Lexy wanted to name it "Ratty", but Jen suggested "Lucky". Lucky indeed. The python shed today.

In related news, the pet store around the corner seems to have skipped town. Oh well. I like the Reptile Ranch better anyway.

I got a night off from work as well, and spent it nicely.

cds I listened to while enjoying the light, warmish rain: Hrsta "s/t", Tarnation "I'll Give You Something to Cry About!", The Danubians "s/t", Ulver "Silence Teaches You How To Sing", Skepticism "Farmakon", and Sigtryggur Berg Sigmarsson "A Little Lost"

No comments: