Thursday, February 26, 2004

The storm hit after I went to bed, and had calmed down a bit by the time I got up to go to work. At work, a small boy puked all over the table upon which "messy play" was supposed to happen at 3:00. Unfortunately, he puked too early for the vomit to become part of Messy Play, so we had to clean it up. Messy Play ended up involving corn starch and colored water, upon which a horde of preschoolers descended. Later, grownups had to remove the suddenly multicolored preschoolers from the room and change them into new garments. What fun.

Jen has blogged about all of the health issues the Willow has been dealing with, so I'll just add that I hope this is soon behind us. Willow doesn't seem to mind much - she hardly seems to notice the tube in her nose, and she giggles and smiles even while wheezing. Her parents worry about her though.

The rain came back tonight, and brought lightning with it. I got kind of wet while delivering papers, but despite this, I do enjoy this kind of weather. I sometimes worry that all of the water inside my car will short out the automatic windows or do some other damage, but it hasn't happened yet. I'd close my windows, but then I wouldn't be able to throw papers. I'm sure the occasional people I pass during the night scoff at the crazy guy with the rain pouring into his car. Oh well. I don't mind getting wet because I know I can come home and dry off.

cds I listened to while wondering if I should get a bucket to bail water with: My Dying Bride "The Dreadful Hours", Savina Yannatou "Lullabies", Bathory "Destroyer of Worlds", and Potentiam "Balsyn"

No comments: