Wednesday, February 11, 2004

The days have been sunny and cool this week, making it feel like spring is crouching in wait. The nights, on the other hand, have been quite cool. I may not be up and around at night in another couple of months if the rumors about the impending end of my job prove true. I've got to put a little more effort into finding alternate employment. I've never had to really search for a job, so my skills are a little untested in that department. I think I'll just start talking about it nonstop to everybody I know and maybe I'll land another job the way I've always done it in the past - by knowing somebody who knows somebody...
I used to occasionally get job offers from parents visiting the museum or tagging along on tours at Hidden Villa - it was usually something along the lines of, "how would you like to come teach at the preschool I direct?" At the time I wasn't interested. Now I might be, although after witnessing the lack of insight and rudimentary social skills of some of the parents that Lexy's teacher has to deal with (not to mention some of the kids themselves), I'm not as enthusiastic about becoming a classroom teacher as I once was.

The Dickens woke me from my nap this afternoon by licking me on the nose. What a strange little girl she is sometimes.

cds I listened to while driving thither and yon: Strebers "Kaos & Skral 85-87", Dirty Three "Obvious is Obvious", Vasen "Live at the Nordic Roots Festival", Einsturzende Neubauten "Strategies Against Architecture III, 1991-2001", and Sieben "The Line and the Hook"

No comments: