Tuesday, December 30, 2003

The rain has come and (mostly) gone. While it was raining, I was at work facilitating an activity that involved rubber fish, paint, and tissue paper. The paint was smeared on the fish, and then the paper was pressed over it to create a fish print. While hordes of children were involved in doing this, I became aware that many of their parents were incapable of telling the difference between a rubber fish and a real fish. Whenever somebody asked if the fish were real, I replied that real fish would be much stinkier. Whenever a kid with long sleeves reached for the green paint, I played "Greensleeves" on my pennywhistle. Nobody got it. Maybe my rendition was too sloppy.

To bed, to bed.

cds I listened to while appreciating the glistening streets: Kristin Hersh "The Grotto", Townes Van Zandt "A Far Cry From Dead", Lila Downs "Tree of Life", Vig Mihaly "Filmzenek - Tarr Bela filmjeihez", and Sui Vesan "Sui"

No comments: