Wednesday, December 03, 2003

The end of the year fast approaches. This time of year all attention becomes focused on the holidays. I got a holiday bonus from the museum today, but probably won't get one from my night job, due to the poor economy and miserable subscription numbers. I still have to do a bit of shopping, and knowing me, I'll probably still have shopping to do on the 24th. My volunteer job at Hidden Villa is over for the year, except for the potluck appreciation party coming up next week. I led my last tour of the season on the friday before we went to Texas, and caught a small Ringneck snake, who curled his tail angrily at us. It seems kind of late in the season to be catching snakes. I would think that most sensible reptiles would be laying low in wait for the warmth of spring.
Our BioSITE group visited some of our fire-displaced students in their temporary classroom at a nearby school today. We performed most of the same water tests we normally do, using water transported from the river. It's not quite the same as being there though. On the plus side, the school, which is new, is quite beautiful. It reminded me of an east coast school, with indoor corridors and interesting architecture. On of my fellow facilitators remarked that it looked like a school you would see in a movie. I hope the still-at-large arsonists leave it alone.

cds I listened to while thinking about the holidays: Doc Wor Mirran & Tesendalo "Not Recorded Remixed" and "Phire", Coil "Live Four", The Angels of Light "Everything is Good Here/Please Come Home", Doc Wor Mirran "Pseudo Me, Pseudo You", and Townes Van Zandt "Live at the Old Quarter, Houston, Texas"

No comments: