Thursday, December 11, 2003

The battery in my car is dying, so every time I turn the key in the ignition I'm on the edge of my seat with the suspense of it all. Will the car start? Will it just crank weakly and fail? Who knows? This isn't my favorite kind of suspense.

And damnit, I wish we would all get better. Last year during the holiday season there was enough sickness to last for several years worth of holidays. I can hear Jen coughing in the other room as I type this, and I don't like the fact that Willow is still all clogged up. And... more suspense - will Lexy get strep throat? Indeed, does he already have it? Urgh.

On the bright side, one of the spiders in the bathroom seems to have helped us with our ant problem, if the pile of spider poop under the web is anything to judge by. This may sound like pretty flimsy evidence. After all, the poop could be the remains of some other sort of unfortunate insect. I base my conclusions on the fact that I've never seen anything in the bathroom except ants and spiders. I don't think the spiders are eating each other, therefore they must be eating the ants. Good for them. I always thought it was really optimistic of them to make webs all over the bathroom, but this time it seems to have paid off.

cds I listened to while keeping the car running so I wouldn't have to jump start it: The Nels Cline Singers "Instrumentals", Timesbold "s/t", Steve Von Till "If I Should Fall to the Field", Devendra Banhart "Oh Me Oh My... The Way the Day Goes by the Sun is Setting Dogs are Dreaming Lovesongs of the Christmas Spirit", and M. Gira/D. Matz "What We Did"

No comments: