Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I got treated to a thunderstorm tonight. I couldn't actually hear the thunder for some reason. Maybe it was too far away. Maybe my music was up too loud. Jen, at home, heard the thunder but didn't see the lightning. We're a perfect match, like two puzzle pieces.

I only had three kids in my BioSITE group today, missing the one who moved to Wisconsin and the one who hasn't turned his homework in for two weeks and was made to stay behind at school as a punishment. Our small group did more photo monitoring. We monitored pigeons, people, cats, egrets, crayfish (the photo in the last post is actually from a couple of months ago, but we took some similar ones today, which I may post at some point), squirrels, water, and plants. The kids all wanted to take pictures of the same things, so we ended up with lots of similar, haphazardly framed, blurry shots of angry crayfish and hunting egrets. I'm still figuring out how to monkey with the pictures on the computers at work, and will post things as I see fit.

Towards the end of the BioSITE day, the leaves started blowing off of the trees, and kept it up for most of the afternoon. Now, as I step out of my car in the driveway, I'm stepping into a pile of leaves. This is good. For me, there's not much that's more aesthetically pleasing than streets covered in leaves. It's even better if they're blowing around.

cds I listened to while getting rained on and not caring: Ring "Great Lonely Mood", Mediaeval Baebes "The Rose", Dorothy Carter "Lonesome Dove", Les Barker "Probably The Best Album Ever Made By Anybody In Our Street", The Mrs Ackroyd Band "Tubular Dogs", Edward Elgar "The Starlight Express suite and King Arthur Suite", and The Iditarod "The River Nektar"

No comments: