Thursday, September 30, 2004

It was cool and overcast today. By late afternoon, the clouds had been pushed back towards the ocean, hovering over the coastal range like a frozen tidal wave.

I worked both jobs today, doing a morning shift at the museum (during which I finally met the woman who got the supervisor position instead of me - I wonder if she knows this?) and teaching an after school program up in Fremont, during which I once again showed small children how to make cool paper airplanes. This class went better than Monday's. The kids were closer together in age and somewhat less hyper, despite the fact that there was a kid with ADHD in the class. Afterwards, I went and learned how to build model rockets (for a class I'm teaching next week) and hit the freeway for the rush-hour crawl back home.

Tomorrow I'm not working anywhere. I feel so underemployed. Nothing new happened on the job search front today. Tomorrow is another day.

I've been reading Watership Down to the boys for the past couple of weeks, and they're really enjoying it (did I mention this already? I forget...). It's been years since I last read it, although I read it multiple times as a child. I still love it, especially the descriptions of the countryside and wildlife. If you've only seen the movie (which is excellent in its own way, of course), do yourself a favor and read the book. It's even better. All of the other books by Richard Adams are good too. They've even made a couple of them into films - The Plague Dogs and Girl in the Swing - the first about a couple of dogs who escape from a research lab and the second one a nice, subtle ghost story.

No comments: