Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I felt like I was back in school again as I sat at a table, taking a test, surrounded by other people doing the same thing, all in order to actually get to the interview phase for this particular job. I think I was the only local person. Others I talked to had come from Southern California, Monterey, and Marin. The test itself consisted of matching, fill in the blanks, and short answer questions, all dealing with environmental science issues. I think I did pretty well. I was one of the first finished, even taking into consideration that I rechecked my answers a few times.

Now I get to sit around and wait for people to call me back. A total of eighteen people applied for this one position. Not the best odds. Could be worse, I suppose.

It was hotter today, and is still a bit uncomfortable. The air is still, and a single cricket is chirping outside my window. I'm not sure why the crickets in the scorpion and tarantula cages don't join in. I can see them in there, silently moving around.

No comments: