Monday, September 13, 2004

Another job interview is behind me. I'll hear back from them next week to see if I get to move on to stage two, which in this case means spending a day in Half Moon Bay. I also let my new part time job know about the possibility of me getting a full time job. I'm supposed to get back to them when I find out.
It looks like I have some real competition for the job I interviewed for today. People have applied from all over the state. How well a person does at this job is determined in part by personality, and how one relates to others at the facility. I'm not talking about coworkers, although interpersonal relationships are also important, I'm sure. It seems that sometimes the coyotes or the bobcats, or other animals on site, just decide they don't like certain people. I hope I dont' fall into that category. I'm not worried though. I have a way with animals.

Jen and I took turns running errands today. Strangely enough, we both came home with dirt. If judging us by our apparently frivolous spending habits, a person would have to conclude that we have more money than we know what to do with. Sadly this is not the case. I bought dirt ("Jungle Mix") so I could clean the Rat Snake cage. Jen bought dirt so we could once again try to whip the yard into shape and plant a few flowers. It's a good thing dirt is cheap. Dirt cheap, actually.

The weather has decided to give us a break, so it was cooler and slightly breezy today. Thankfully it wasn't quite as breezy as it was in, say, Jamaica, or Cuba today. That's too breezy.

We watched The Station Agent last night (wonder of wonders, actually getting to watch something that isn't meant for kids) and both really liked it. Go see it if you want something both humorous and thoughtful. It's a good, solid film about unlikely friendships. What is it that draws people together, anyway? A simple question with millions of answers.

No comments: