Friday, September 10, 2004

I got to visit yet another hospital today, because Lexy, not content with breaking his arm at school a couple of years ago, broke it again today. This time it was much worse. Bent at a right angle - very painful to look at, let alone experience. He was very brave about it, all things considered. It seems he was accidentally knocked over on the asphalt playground. Tonight he is sleeping with a cast, which he will be wearing for quite some time. I'm sure Jen, who stayed with him at the emergency room while I went home to feed the girls, will fill in all of the little details on her blog.

On the positive side of things, I got another response from a potential employer today. Now, in addition to a phone interview next week, I have an hour long test to take. Jumping through hoops in the mad scramble towards gainful employment. How thrilling!

It's hot inside tonight, but cool outside. I'm sitting near an open window.

Oops. I spoke to soon. I'm now sitting near a closed window. Right after I posted the above, the unmistakable odor of pissed-off skunk came wafting in. I went so far as to poke around the yard with a flashlight (after a comical episode of trying to find a working flashlight and discovering that even one of the brand new never-been-opened ones didn't work) to find the culprit. No skunks were sighted. Just that abominable smell. Jen has put some aromatherapy oils in the kids' rooms, and we have incense burning in here. It's getting warm though. Dammit.

No comments: