Thursday, September 23, 2004

I had a training meeting at the museum tonight, which I thought was funny because I don't plan on being employed there much longer. They pay us for the meetings though. I guess there's always a chance that I'll end up being there longer than I plan to be, but I hope not. I'm ready to move on, and have already turned my energy elsewhere. Now all I have to do is get hired someplace.

I'm remembering that at the beginning of the year I made a vow to get a full time job with benefits before the end of the year. I'm working on it, dammit. No new news on the job search front today. The phone call that I've been expecting this week hasn't happened. No interesting jobs have been posted on any of the sites I've been checking daily. In fact, no uninteresting jobs that meet my other requirements have surfaced either. Woe is me.

I tried to photograph my old oil paintings with the digital camera today, but there was a glare from the flash. Tomorrow (if I have time) I'll go lay them out in the sunlight and try without the flash.

Lexy got through his re-casting ordeal today with a minimum of problems. He was pretty woozy from the anesthesia when Jen brought him home, and it was hard keeping the girls from jumping all over him while he recuperated on the couch.

The days are still too hot and hazy, but the evenings feel nice. If I miss one thing about my night job, it's being outside in the cool night air. At home, the house retains the heat of the day well into the night.


No comments: