Sunday, February 08, 2009

Willow is asleep. She stayed up later than she should have, but then again we didn't do anything to burn off excess energy today. I had meant to catch the airing of the Amebix interview we took part in. Greg was broadcasting it on KALX at 9 PM, but I didn't tune in (via the internet, since the range of their transmitters doesn't extend this far south) until nearly 10, at which time it was too late. Willow stayed awake until she got to hear Greg talk between songs. If you're reading this, and ever want to listen in, he DJs under the name Carnacki. Not sure what his regular slot is right now, but it often seems like he's there more often than not.

It has been raining off and on today, and I love it. I still get irritated at people who refer to rain as "bad" weather. Especially when the people in question are forecasters, who should know better.

While hanging out inside today, we added another batch of glow-in-the-dark stars to the walls and ceiling. It's beginning to look like the center of the galaxy in here, or like the night sky during a power outage. We're about at the point where I think we have enough stars. Maybe one more batch...

I'm going to let Willow sleep in a bit tomorrow. Technically, she doesn't have to get to school until 11:30. I usually get her there early, at the school's YMCA, but with her cold, she could use a bit of extra sleep. Once she's at school, it's back to work for me. I've got a bunch of lesson plans to work on, as well as other related tasks.

Currently listening to: Windy & Carl "Songs for the Broken Hearted"

No comments: