Saturday, February 21, 2009

Today would have benefited from some advance planning. Willow is resistant to all of the old standbys, mostly because the one thing we did do today was go to the library. The stack of books we checked out last week weren't due back yet, so rather than check out more books, we picked up some dvds. That's where the problem lies - now all she wants to do is watch them. You'd think I'd learn...

I'm sitting here with my headphones on, with I-tunes shuffling its little digital heart out. This is partially to drown out the dvds Willow is watching, and partially just because music makes everything better.

It's tough when she doesn't want to do any of the things I suggest. It's almost as if she were a teenager already. The movies are going off after the one she is currently watching though. We are going to go out, whether she wants to or not.

Tomorrow, it is supposed to rain. In fact, the weather forecast calls for rain for the rest of the week. As usual, I'm looking forward to it.

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.

Currently listening to: Sol Invictus "Sawney Bean"

No comments: