Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The forecast calls for rain later today, and if find that this news positively colors my mood. Perhaps I spend too much time letting events beyond my control propel me through my days, but there's nothing wrong with allowing these events to induce euphoria, no matter how divorced from any action on my part they might be.

Geez. That sounds convoluted, doesn't it? This was brought on by my realization that I spend too much time anticipating action in others, and not enough time taking action. I check my e-mail too often, waiting for who knows what, and I anticipate the snail mail too. I check Facebook too often as well. Why? Maybe because it's easy to do. Maybe because it's easier than doing.

It's not like I don't have a million things to do, most of which are much more real and satisfying than sitting in front of the computer. Why is it that the computer is by turns so compelling and depressing? I think I know... It allows us to connect with the world, but the connection is filtered through the virtual world. We are hiding in our little isolated worlds, and connecting via keystrokes. None of this is really news to me, but I've been feeling dissatisfied lately, so I'm allowing that to spill over onto this blog, so the ennui can dribble down onto my keyboard.

Currently listening to: Bernardo Devlin "Agio"

No comments: