Friday, February 13, 2009

It hurts to type right now. Whenever the weather turns cold, my fingers react by becoming too dry, cracking, and bleeding. Irritatingly, the most painful sores are always on the fingertips. I use hand lotion, but apparently not consistently enough to stop the problem.

I can hear the rain on the roof right now. It has been raining off and on since this afternoon. I finally managed to sell the huge (300 gallon?) aquarium that has been taking up space in Jen's garage. Around 5 or 6 years ago, I got it for free from the Children's Museum after the water company stopped subsidizing their salt water fish display. I had planned to eventually use it for reptiles, but with the reptiles living up at camp, and me living in a studio apartment... well, you get the idea.

It took us around 2 hours to get the aquarium out of the garage. The guy who bought it pulled all the decorative rock out, and shoveled all the detritus out of the bottom of it. We got down underneath it and sawed off all the plastic pipes and tubes, so we could more easily slide it off the metal stand. I'm amazed it fit into the small SUV he'd driven down in. Too bad he left the stand behind. That means I still have to figure out how to get rid of that. It won't fit in my van, so I'll probably try to break it into smaller bits. All of the decorative rock will probably end up at camp. Or on my small patio. I'll have to figure out what to do with it.

Still, I have a feeling of accomplishment. It's funny how things (like aquariums in garages) that you seldom think about manage to nag at you nonetheless. Selling the aquarium silenced a nagging voice.

Okay... back to listening to the rain now.

No comments: