Thursday, December 08, 2005

The rain held off for today's hike, but the fog and general moistness was very much in evidence. I've been feeling kind of low energy all week, and the kids this week have been less studious and less attentive than most of the other groups I've led this season. To top things off, on the way back to camp, a girl fell and twisted her knee badly enough that I had to give her a piggyback ride the rest of the way. My arms are still sore. Hopefully she's on the mend.

At home, Jen told me that the boys' school was hosting a stargazing party. Despite total cloud coverage, they both insisted on going. Nate especially was having a fit about it, so I drove them down there fully expecting to see nobody. Strangely enough, there were some people and a telescope all set up. I heard somebody say it was focused on a Christmas display on somebody's front door across from the school's field. Go figure. The boys played for a bit and then we left. Nate got mad again because he wanted to stay and play. Jen got him calmed down.

No comments: