Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It's cold today. The kids complained about it during both field classes. I asked how many of them were dressed in their warmest clothes, and only a couple of hands went up. Hopefully more of them will remember to dress warmly for the night program later on.

I found out that I will definitely have more work this month the week after next. I think it consists of hauling the contents of the office to the portable building currently occupying lawn space out front. Ho ho ho.

A stinkbug squirted me in the eye earlier. That's the first time that's happened. It stung a bit, but I flushed my eye out with water and it seems better now. Lesson: don't get your eyes within squirting range of stinkbugs. I asked the kids to smell my eye to see if it stunk, but nobody did. Kids these days... no sense of adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...eye-smelling. That's great!

We read because we got married in a circle of trees in Sanborn. We are former Saratoga teachers living in the NW and your critters and trees and stories about Bay Area kids please us.

Happy Birthday!