Sunday, December 11, 2005

I remember a few weeks ago being worried that I wouldn't have enough work in December. Ha! I just finished my eight day in a row working. Granted, I won't be working for the next few days, but things have ended up working out better than expected. Yesterday, I worked three birthday parties, getting tipped a total of $50 in the process (sorry, poverty makes me pay attention to the nickels and dimes, and for some reason tell you about them), and today I put in seven hours at the Christmas tree lot. It's very amusing to see people drive up to the lot in their huge SUVs, buy a six foot tree, and then insist on tying it to the top of their vehicle, when they could easily put a tree twice as big inside and still have room left over for a small town. My question, rhetorical though it may be, is why the hell do people buy SUVs if they're not going to take advantage of the extra interior space?

Oh yeah. I forgot. The status thing. People don't want to scratch up their juggernauts by actually using them for anything practical.

No comments: