Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The classroom teachers who accompany their students up to science camp have long been complaining about the inadequecy of their accomodations. Today I helped do something about that. I ripped out a bunch of brittle linoleum, pulled out some sheetrock, and painted a bathroom. In the middle of doing all of this, while throwing away some old carpets, I surprised a pair of raccoons who were trying to sleep in the dumpster. They huddled together and watched wide-eyed as my coworker and I carefully angled a rolled up carpet into the dumpster so they could escape if they wanted to. They elected to remain put. I hope they don't think they've found a permanent home.

All afternoon the wind rattled doors and sent debris across the site. So far no rain has fallen, but that may change soon.

Tomorrow we put in a new shower. How exciting.

No comments: