Saturday, October 02, 2004

Now I have to wait until midweek for the final verdict. I arrived early for my interview this morning, only to find nobody there yet. While I waited, I looked at frogs and directed a lost man towards the park up the hill where a memorial service he was looking for was being held. My interviewer arrived soon afterwards, and we spent about an hour and a half talking. It went pretty well, covering much of the same ground as the first two interviews. They're trying to fill the position(s) as soon as possible, but I'm the first interviewee of three. The other two probably won't be interviewed until Wednesday or so. First prize is a full time job with benefits. Second prize is a full time/part year job without benefits. If I get second prize, I would be working for the rest of this month, and then not again until sometime in January. After that, I would have work (minus a couple of vacation weeks) until May, with the possible option of summer employment. I'm trying to figure out how I could make that work. Of course, there's always the possibility of third prize, which is getting my name on an "eligible for employment" list for a year, should some other position become available. Let's hope for first prize. While I'm waiting, I'm going to show up in the mornings this week to observe some camp sessions. Should be enlightening.

Talk about a labyrinthine selection process though.

And now... Duck! It's the flying seven-legged tarantula, with fangs glinting in the late afternoon sunlight!



Okay, that's actually not true. It's a very stationary dead tarantula. It's missing a leg because one snapped off when I picked it up. I had to shake the ants off it before I took the picture.

There are new people moving in next door. We haven't really met them yet. What do you want to bet that they run screaming in a day or two? When The Dickens and Willow start shrieking, it sounds like war has broken out.

No comments: