Sunday, October 10, 2004

The Dickens just walked into the bedroom making little gagging noises. In her hand was a sippy cup. She looked up at me and asked, "what is this?" In the sippy cup was some milk well on its way to being cottage cheese. The moral of the story is, of course, never drink anything with lumps in it.

The boys had a good walkathon at their school yesterday. Jen volunteered her time helping make things run smoothly. I took the girls with me to a training session up in the East Bay. Now that I'm no longer teaching after school sessions I have to be trained for my new role as birthday party science teacher. Both of the girls behaved very well, probably because there were lots of interesting things going on. They especially like the dry ice. Willow had a blast popping soap bubbles filled with carbon dioxide. I got to take home a cotton candy machine and Lexy got an extra birthday treat consisting of homemade cotton candy. Nate and The Dickens made some as well. Of the kids, only Willow didn't have any. For some reason she wouldn't eat it. Maybe its because it just doesn't seem like food to people with any sense. I had a bunch myself.

Then, in the evening, I went and performed at a birthday party. The kids were a bit older (the boy was turning 11) and they all had a good time, interrupted only when one of the boys fell out of a tree. He recovered enough to eat pizza later, though. The highlight of the party was the cotton candy machine. The rest of the activities involved using chemicals to make things hot and cold, luminesce, and vanish in flame. We even made our own bouncy balls.

At the end of the party, I got tipped twenty bucks. I like that. Extra money is good. I think I'll use it to buy a cheap watch, or batteries for my laser pointer.

No comments: